"Take a Chance on Happiness" contains practical reflections on marriage and parenting from St Josemaria Escriva and from Irish and British couples.
Copies of DVD can be ordered here
> Listen to a speech by James Stenson on successful fathers, 2011
> Character and Success in your Life - 8 Oct 2009
Books for Parents educating Children and Teens
1. Barbeau, Clayton C, Head of the Family. Christian Fatherhood in the ModernWorld. Sophia Institute Press.
2. Budnik, Mary Ann, Raise Happy Children through a Happier Marriage. R. B.Media.
3. Budnik, Mary Ann, Raise Happy Children … Raise them Saints! R. B. Media.
4. Covey, Stephen R, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families.
5. Dobson, Dr. James, Bringing Up Boys. Practical Advice and Encouragement for those Shaping the Next Generation of Men. Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, IL.
6. Escrivá, Josemaría, Marriage: a Christian Vocation, in Christ is Passing By. Scepter Publishers.
7. Guarendi, Raymond N, Raising Kids Right: Giving Parenting back to Parents. 7 audiocassettes. Catholic Answers.
8. Guarendi, Raymond N, You’re a Better Parent than you Think! A Guide to CommonSense Parenting. Multimedia Pack: 4 audiocassettes, a videotape and a booklet. Catholic Answers.
9. Isaacs, David, CharacterBuilding. A Guide for Parents and Teachers. Four Courts Press, Fumbally Lane, Dublin 8.
10. John Paul II,Apostolic Exhortation On the Family (Familiaris Consortio), 1981.
11. Lovasik, Lawrence, The Catholic Family Handbook. Time-tested Techniques to Help you Strengthen your Marriage and Raise Good Kids. Sophia Institute Press.
12. Reed Newland, Mary, The Saints & our Children. TAN Books.
13. Stenson, James, Lifeline: the Religious Upbringing of your Children. Scepter.
14. Stenson, James, Upbringing: A Discussion Handbook for Parents of YoungChildren. Scepter.
15. Stenson, James, Preparing for Peer Pressure. A Guide for Parents of Young Children. Scepter.
16. Stenson, James, Preparing for Adolescence. A Planning Guide for Parents. Scepter.
17. Stenson, James, Successful Fathers. The Subtle but Powerful Ways Fathers Mould their Children’s Character. Scepter.
18. Urteaga, Jesus, God and Children. Scepter.
19. Wood, Stephen, with James Burnham, Christian Fatherhood. Catholic Answers.
Family Enrichment Ireland
Our Club promotes and encourages all parents to participate in Family Enrichment Ireland programmes. The programmes are designed for busy parents who want to strengthen their marriage and parenting.
For more information:
If you would like to hear more, please fill out the form below
Catechism of the Catholic Church
St. Josemaria Escriva
Free Downloadable Booklets (Scepter Publishers)
Archdiocese of Dublin (Mass Times)
Catholic Media Review Blogspot
List of Books
Good To Read
We are two childhood friends, now with young families ourselves, that have set up Familyfun.ie to make it easy for parents of young kids to explore the many family leisure and entertainment activities available to them in Ireland.
HomeAdvantage is here to help you organize and manage your home with less stress and more peace of mind.
The Iona Institute is dedicated to the strengthening of civil society.It aims to contribute to this purpose through making the case for marriage and through making the case for religion.
Relationships Foundation applies our relational thinking framework to a wide range of contexts, from family and community, to public policy, to business.
Other Interesting Links
The Theology of the Body
Christopher West's Works
Screenit (to check content of films)
Stem Cell Research Facts
Some articles available on this site:
Advice for Fathers
Born to Serve, Not to Shop
Danger Signs: Families Headed for Trouble
How Does a Father Protect His Family?
Table Manners for the Home
A Father's Unity of Life
Professionalism and Workplace Savvy
The Vision of Parent Leaders
Family Rules: The Power of "We…"Discipline: What Works and Why
Coming Down the Home Stretch - How Parents Deal Effectively with their Adolescent Children
Andrew Mullins, Parenting for Character(Mercatornet) Good parents do more than give their children affection and provide for their needs. They must plan how they will shape their children's character.
Ethical Use of the Internet
Virtual Friendship and the New Narcissism(The New Atlantis, A Journal of Technology and Society)
Your Family and Cyberspace(United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
Kids and the Internet (William West, Editor of the Sydney Family Magazine Perspective)
9 Steps to Internet Safety(Phil Flores, Mercatornet)